TransUnion Dispute Debt Collection Sample Letter
Learn how to dispute a debt collection account with TransUnion, an easy step-by-step guide.
Please, follow the link https://pdf.ac/JXxHK to open the document form.
Now, you can start to fill out the form:
- Begin with your First and Last name at the top, an example JOHN DOE
- Next, enter your current address, the same address as mentioned in your ID or driver's license:
Address Line 1: 123 EXAMPLE STR, UNIT 1
Address Line 2: NEW YORK, NY 12345
- Now, add your social security number: 123–45–6789
- And your date of birth, an example January 1, 1975
- Next, write your contact details. My phone number is 123–456–7890, email address is email@example.com
- Choose the document date
- In the reference, please enter the debt collection agency name you dispute, let’s say Debt Collector LLC
- The collection account: 123456
- And the disputed past due balance: $100.00
- Under the text “Respectfully”, need to enter your First and Last Name: JOHN DOE
- Now, you need to provide copies of two forms of identification. Upload your ID or driver's license copy to the document left side and your social security card to the right side
- Lastly, in the notary section, please retype your First and Last Name again: JOHN DOE
Good job, your document is ready! Check your personal information one more time, and click the BUY button. Proceed with the payment to download and print out the document from your computer.
Before the final step, you need to notarize your document. Be sure to keep the original copy of the letter for your records. For your convenience, please use the online notary service, by following the link iDispute.org/online-notary
The person whose signature is being notarized must personally appear before the notary at the time of the notarization without exception.
Finally, send the letter by USPS certified mail. Certified mail is best because it guarantees that the company receives it. That way, they can’t say they didn’t get your letter. But, if you are busy and don’t have time to drive to the post office, you can mail a letter online. No more trips to the post office, no worries of social distancing, save time and do it online with LETTERCARRIER.ORG
IMPORTANT: You can keep a document copy on your computer, but it’s better to keep a hard copy of the one you sign and send. Always keep a copy of the document, certified mail receipt, and payment receipt, so you have a record.
Having an attorney send a powerful demand letter to the company will quickly motivate them to do the right thing. Request Service HERE: https://www.fixcredit.cc/
DISCLAIMER: IDISPUTE IS NOT A LAWYER, OR A LAW FIRM AND DOES NOT ENGAGE IN THE PRACTICE OF LAW. IDISPUTE FORMS AND/OR TEMPLATES CAN NOT AND DOES NOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION. ALL INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON THIS SITE ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES AND SELF-HELP ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR A LAWYER OR PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE. PLEASE HIRE AN ATTORNEY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR LEGAL ASSISTANCE. IDISPUTE IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH OR AN OFFICIAL PARTNER OF BRAND OWNERS. ALL TRADEMARKS, LOGOS, SERVICE MARKS, TRADE AND/OR BRAND NAMES, TRADE DRESS, AND RELATED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS OR LICENSORS, OR LICENSEES. ALL COMPANY, PRODUCT, AND SERVICE NAMES USED IN THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE FOR IDENTIFICATION PURPOSES ONLY. USE OF THESE NAMES, TRADEMARKS, AND BRANDS DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT.