Equifax — Dispute A Fraudulent Entry
Learn how to dispute a fraudulent entry on your Equifax report, an easy step-by-step guide.
Identity Theft could happen to anyone. Therefore, iDispute has come up with a convenient solution and has prepared an easy-to-fill form for everyone who wishes to dispute fraudulent entries on their Equifax report.
Filling up the form is quite easy. Here is a quick tutorial that will help you easily fill up the form in no time.
The link of that document form could be found here: https://pdf.ac/8Ox9b0
● You can start filling up the form by entering your First and Last Name at the top. An example: John Doe.
● Then enter your Current Address. Make sure that this address matches the one that is written on your ID card or Driver’s License.
● Two separate lines have been given for typing in the address. You can break down your address into two parts like this:
Address Line 1: 123 Example Street, Unit 1
Address Line 2: New York, NY 12345
● Next, fill in your Document Date. This would be the date when you would be filling up your form.
● On the very same page, where the letter is ending, there is ‘Sincerely’ written. There again, you are supposed to enter your First and Last name, i.e. John Doe.
● Now, on Page 2, you must be seeing a ‘Notary Acknowledgement’ page. Here again, type in your First and Last name.
Fraudulent Items Details
● Now, you must have arrived on the ‘Fraudulent Item’s List’ page. Here, you can type in all the details you have regarding the fraudulent or disputed items.
● Each line should have a separate entry. Each entry should provide a brief but major detail about the nature of the account/fraud. Some examples are:
- ‘Creditor Example LLC’. Next, enter Account # 123456
- ‘Debt Collector Example LLC’, Reference # 567890
- ‘Bank Example LLC’, Unauthorized Inquiry, Date of Inquiry, and so on.
Types of Fraudulent Activities
Always remember that it is your legal right to report anything that is being used illegally. The Credit Bureau is bound to comply with your requests under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Any wrong address, employer name, or any invalid information reported on your file could be disputed also (e.g. 111 Example Street, Apartment 2, Miami, FL 67890, Erroneous Address).
Now, upload the Identity Theft Report Copy which you must have been given by the police. If you don’t have a report, you should file an identity theft complaint with the Federal Trade Commission or Police.
And with this, your form to Equifax has been filled and is ready for submission. It is vital that you recheck the document once again to omit any mistakes that you might have made. Then, click on the ‘Buy’ button to proceed with the payment details.
You may now print out the form and notarize your document, but be sure that you have safely kept the original copy with you for record-keeping purposes.
Mail the Form
Mail the letter by USPS Certified Mail. Sending it as ‘Certified’ is best because it guarantees that the company receives it. In case you are busy and don’t have time to drive to the Post Office, Letter Carrier is here to help, just follow the link https://www.lettercarrier.org/. They will send your document and will send you its Tracking Number so that you may know when your document reaches its destination.
However, it is very important that you keep a hard copy of the one you sign and send. Also, remember to always keep a copy of the document, certified mail receipt, payment receipt for your record.
Thank you for choosing iDispute!
Here are some resources you’d find helpful:
⚖️ CHECK IF YOU HAVE BEEN IMPACTED BY AN EQUIFAX BREACHING DATA INCIDENT HERE: https://eligibility.equifaxbreachsettlement.com/en/Eligibility
If you have been impacted, you have the right to get compensation up to $20,000.00 under Equifax Data Breach Settlement (Extended Claims Period between January 23, 2020, and January 22, 2024). Not sure how to write an Equifax Data Breach Complaint? Check this video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTnbsq3zAxY or START FILING DOCUMENT HERE: https://pdf.ac/qh6MF
📝 Online notary service: https://www.idispute.org/online-notary
📬 Mail a letter online: https://www.lettercarrier.org
📊 Professional credit repair service: https://www.fixcredit.cc
📈 Contracts, transactions, and records of them are among the defining structures in our economic, legal, and political systems. That’s why we follow blockchain technologies and launch our cryptocurrency soon. You can buy future iDispute token here: https://www.gate.io/signup/5749142
DISCLAIMER: This sample document is not intended to serve as legal counsel or advice. This sample document is intended to be used as an educational tool and readers/users are urged to retain the necessary legal counsel before implementing it. iDispute makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. iDispute makes no warranty, express or implied, and all information is provided on an as-is basis. iDispute is NOT a CPA, attorney, lender, or financial advisor. The content in this video should not be construed as tax, legal, or financial advice, etc…, and maybe outdated and/or inaccurate; it is your responsibility to verify all information yourself.